To become a volunteer and attend a Volunteer Orientation, you must first fill out an application, pay the Volunteer & Application Training fee, and receive an email with confirmation that your application was vetted and you have been accepted.
Please Follow these New Volunteer Procedures (in order to attend a Volunteer Orientation)
The following is our new Volunteer Process. We are still in the early phases of implementing this new way of becoming a volunteer, so please be patient as we evolve.
- All potential ADULT and JUNIOR new volunteers will need to complete our NEW Adult Volunteer Application or Junior Volunteer Application.
- Potential new volunteers will then need to pay the non-refundable $25.00 application & training fee (this link will take you to our Products page and payment will be accepted via credit card by Paypal). The $25.00 non-refundable fee will cover the following:
- Background check for adults and vetting of your volunteer application
- Attendance at one of the Volunteer Orientation Classes offered (you will be provided an email at a later date)
- Volunteer T-Shirt
- Volunteer Name Badge
- Basic Shelter Training for Care of Cats & Dogs
Approved New Volunteers will receive an email once your application has been processed with a link to sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation /Training Class. Volunteer Orientations occur on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 9:00am-11:00am in the Humane Education Room at the shelter.
If you are ready to volunteer…. get started now
Payment for the VOLUNTEER TRAINING & APPLICATION FEE
Any questions, please email
*Please note that ages 6-16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their volunteering time.