Adopt a Cat
Thank you for choosing adoption! We hope that you will find a pet that will become a long time member of your family! Look below at the cats and kittens currently available for adoption. We encourage you to visit our shelter often to interact with these adorable cuties. Please understand that some cats might be a little overwhelmed in this new scary environment and may not show you their true personalities.
Some things to consider before adopting a cat/kitten.
- Thinking about adopting a new cat? Read Jackson Galaxy’s 6 Tips for Adopting A New Cat HERE
- Make sure all family members are on board with a new cat
- While visiting the shelter, keep in mind that it is a stressful place for some of our cats and they might not show well
- We encourage you to interact in our free roaming “kitty city” with the cat that catches your eye
- Don’t see what you are looking for, consider visiting “Tri-County Animal Shelter” or a local area animal rescue
- To see adoption fees and what is covered when you adopt from the Humane Society of Charles County — CLICK HERE.
- See something you like? Click on the specific pet you are wanting to apply for and click the “Apply for Adoption Button”
If you have any questions feel free to email or call us at 301-645-8181.
*****NEW****** Show your pride by purchasing a cat collar for your newly adopted kitty! Help the shelter, help the pets by purchasing a cat collar! Cat collars are just $8.00