Do you care deeply about animal welfare, have the drive, desire, motivation, and organizational skills to work in the animal field? Are you a team player? Can you work with various types of people? Are you comfortable around animals? If you have answered yes to these questions, we are looking for you.
If interested in a position, please email your Resume’ to our Human Resource Department or stop on in drop off your resume to be considered for the positions.
Positions Currently Available at the Humane Society of Charles County
Humane Society of Charles County Position: Shelter & Clinic Veterinarian
- Location: Waldorf, MD
- Salary: $100,000-$110,000 annually
- 30-40 hours/ week
- Open immediately
- Contact: Christine Gonzales, firstname.lastname@example.org or (240)346-6508
The Humane Society of Charles County (HSCC) functions as a full-service open-admission shelter and low-cost community veterinary clinic, providing access to high quality spay/neuter and wellness services to the local community. Over 1500 animals receive free surgery and vaccination services through our community programs annually. The shelter has an annual intake of approximately 1800 animals with a live release rate over 95%.
HSCC Shelter and Clinic Veterinarian will fill the role of the HSCC Hospital’s Responsible Veterinarian. The responsibilities include overseeing protocols for both the shelter and clinic with respect to veterinary care, medical, and sanitation. HSCC is integral to the promotion of companion animal health and welfare in Charles County. It is the only open-admission shelter in Charles County with a full-time veterinary team and public-facing clinic. The HSCC Clinic Operates spay/neuter 3 days per week, wellness clinics held bi-weekly, and sick or injured shelter animals receive examination and treatment as needed throughout the week. The HSCC clinic outfitted with computerized medical records, Abaxis in-house CBC and Chemistry machines, digital x-ray, ultrasound, and a new iM3 dental suite. Leadership is willing and able to fundraise for any additional equipment requested by the veterinarian.
- The HSCC Veterinarian should have strong surgical skills including spay/neuter.
- A flexible work week is a minimum of 30 hours depending on the type of medical cases that present.
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 2 years*
- Commitment to provide support as the HSCC Veterinary Hospital Responsible Veterinarian
- Current or ability to obtain Maryland Veterinary License, Maryland Controlled Substance License, and Federal DEA license.
- Language: English
- Education and Work Experience: Doctorate: Veterinary Medicine (Required)
- High Quality High Volume Spay Neuter Surgery Experience (Preferred 1+ years)
- Shelter Medicine Experience (Strongly Preferred)
- $10,000 Signing Bonus*
- 10 days annual PTO
- 5-day annual sick leave
- Six paid holidays per year
- Reimbursement for state and federal licensure
- Generous employee discount
- Health insurance **
- $500 annual continuing education credit
- Ability to adapt clinic schedule
EEO Policy: The Humane Society of Charles County is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws,