At this time we are switching our volunteer tracking software. You will no longer have access to Volgistics. Orientations are still being conducted monthly and in-person(zoom can be provided). Thank you for continuing to support us in different ways. We are so happy to be able to see you again! We will have our brand new volunteer site up as soon as possible. We are in the process of onboarding. Please be sure to follow all COVID precautions when attending an orientation or when volunteering. If you do not feel well, PLEASE stay home.
Our volunteers provide all the “extras” that we need to keep our animals happy and our shelter humming. Never afraid to roll up their sleeves and tackle a new task, the HSCC’s dedicated volunteers pitch in when and where they are needed most, sometimes at high-profile events and sometimes folding the mountains of laundry generated every day. Every task is important, and we sincerely appreciate every volunteer hour. If you are passionate about animals, we welcome ages 6* and up to become a volunteer. Volunteering at the HSCC is a two-way street. Volunteers give their time and talent and receive the love and affection of hundreds of animals (and humans!) in return.
The new HSCC Volunteer Process:
- All Volunteers must complete a User Registration (New and Returning)
- All Volunteers are required to submit to a Background Check Prior to being approved
- Volunteer under 16 years old must be accompanied by an approved adult volunteer (over 18 years of age)
- Volunteer Applications that have been approved will receive an email with a link to sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation /Training Class and the link to pay the $25.00 non-refundable fee.
- Approved Volunteers will have their own account to view, register for and track all volunteer opportunities
- Additional training may be required for some volunteer opportunities.
- Some volunteer opportunities require a minimum amount of engagement per quarter.
Some of the ongoing Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Dog Walking
- Cat Socialization
- Fostering an animal
- Cleaning Kennels
- Cleaning off-site Cat kennels @ Petco
- Off-site Adoption Events
- Special Fundraising Events — “Walk for the Animals, Holiday Craft Fair and Top Dog”
- Landscaping Activities: Dog Park Beautification, Grounds Maintenance, Gardening
- Administrative Support
- Humane Education
- If you are ready to volunteer…. get started now
If you have any questions and/or are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org